This tutorial will walk you through how to migrate your references to and from EndNote.
Open the EndNote library you want to export. You can either export the entire library or just select references from this library.
Click on 'File' then 'Export'.
- Select the location and name the file you want to export then change the file type to 'XML'. Click 'Save'.
- In Papers, click on 'File', 'Import', 'EndNote XML Library'.
- Select the XML file you exported from EndNote and click on 'Import'
- Now your references are in your Papers library.
If you need to send your references to a colleague who doesn't have Papers you can export your library as an XML file which can be opened in EndNote.
- In Papers select 'File', 'Export', 'EndNote XML library.
- You have the option of exporting selected papers, a selected collection or your entire library.
If your colleague has EndNote version 7 make sure you change this setting to 'EndNote 7'.
Once you chosen a file name and location click 'Export'.