This is a pre-release beta version of Papers for Mac, intended for testing upcoming features and gathering feedback. Before updating to a pre-release version of Papers for Mac, please make a backup of your Papers Library. If you experience any issues, or have any feedback, please contact our support team.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications regarding pre-release versions of Papers for Mac, you can opt-out via the menu: Papers ▸ Preferences ▸ General.
- Improves the experience of launching Papers for Mac for the first time.
- You can now optionally create, or sign into, your Papers Account when setting up your library.
- Syncing Improvements
- We now support syncing your library between desktop versions of Papers using other syncing services, in addition to Dropbox. We have tested the following services:
- Syncing with Papers for iPhone and iPad continues to require either Dropbox or Local Network Syncing. You can learn more about syncing your Papers Library on our Knowledge base.
- You no longer need to provide your Dropbox credentials when syncing using Dropbox. Just place your Papers Library into your Dropbox folder and Papers will handle the rest.
- The Syncing preferences screen has been simplified.
- The activation sheet has been updated to add support for upcoming subscriptions to Papers.
- Requests to
aps.orgwebsites are throttled to one request per 30 seconds to prevent hitting the
- Your Papers Library no longer has to be named
- It is now possible to use Local Network Sync to synchronise files whose names contain non-latin characters.
- Resolves an occasional issue where files attached to publications already in your library that are added via a sync are not visible until restarting Papers.
Versions 3.4.0 and later of Papers 3 for Mac require Mac OS 10.9 or higher. You can learn more about upgrading your version of Mac OS for free via Apple's support website.