If you're trying to install/update the ReadCube Desktop app and run into a connection error message:
"There was a problem connecting to ReadCube..." or you are not able to log into the app, you can try the following:
- Check your internet connection - ReadCube needs to check for updates prior to starting so please make sure you're on a reliable network.
- Temporarily turn off antivirus/firewall software.
- Check the "vault" / quarantine of antivirus software to make sure ReadCube files/folders are not being isolated.
- Do you have the default operating system browser installed? For Windows, this is Internet Explorer, and for Mac, this is Safari. ReadCube relies on these browsers for some settings so please check that the browser is installed and functional on your computer; however, it does *not* need to be set as the actual "default browser" on your computer.
- Make sure cookies are enabled on these browsers.
- If the IE/Safari browser is out-of-date, please try updating to the newest version. This often fixes Connection Error messages.
If you've checked all of the above and are still running into the problem, please try the following prior to contacting email@example.com & let us know if you can successfully log into the website when you email:
- On Windows, open Internet Explorer. On Mac, open Safari.
- Go to www.readcube.com and click on the "Login" link in the top right corner
- Are you able to successfully log into the website?