Papers 3 for Windows Release Notes - version 3.1.5 BETA
Modified on: Thu, 14 Sep, 2017 at 11:30 AM
IS A BETA version that contains bug fixes and improvements
- The setting to delete original files upon successful import now
works. This was an issue introduced by the previous beta
Changes in the
previous 3.1.4 beta release:
- Multiple selection now works reliably.
- Changes to authors, keywords and sources are now reliably
propagated to all papers referencing them.
Changes in the
previous 3.0.203 beta release:
- Metadata inconsistencies are now handled automatically.
Changes in the
previous 3.0.202 beta release:
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- When a large number of trashed papers is deleted, Papers
- Full-text search now includes papers synced from other
- Smart Collections with filters applied to Read/Unread papers
now work as intended.
- The "Restore from Archive" option is no longer displayed for
papers in the trash.
- We now render PDFs correctly on High-DPI display settings.
- Papers can now be copied to a Manual Collection from a Shared
- Sources are now parsed correctly when imported from a RIS
- Authors and keywords for synced papers are now correctly
displayed in the Columns view.
- Libraries that only have compressed checkpoints can now be
opened on Papers for Windows.
- The selection area for annotations made on Mac and iOS is now
- Matching a paper now displays the search panel even if the
preview panel is hidden.
- In the author list, et al. is now correctly used.
- Keywords are no longer displayed after being deleted.
- Exporting large libraries to a BibTeX file now works more
- Exported BibTeX files now always keep the original order of
First Run Experience
- New improved screens for creating a new Papers library and
opening existing libraries.
- You can now create, or sign in to your Papers Account when
setting up your library.
- Syncing your Papers Library between desktop versions of Papers
using other syncing services is now supported:
- You no longer need to provide your Dropbox credentials when
syncing using Dropbox. Just place your Papers Library into your
Dropbox folder and Papers will handle the rest.
- Search engines are now set during first run based on research
- "No publication details are available" is displayed on the
paper if metadata extraction after importing a PDF is not
- A new filter called "Duplicates" is now available to sort the
papers in the library.
- Several explanatory texts and tips to use the features are now
presented in the Settings screen.
- Navigation between notes now works not only on the Reader
screen but also on the Preview.
- Metadata autocompletion works now on Papers Online too.
- Citations now can be used when the Dropbox Badge is enabled for
Dropbox for Business accounts.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.