Release Notes for Papers 3 - version 3.2.4 (206)
Modified on: Thu, 14 Sep, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Papers 3 for Mac
& OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Look & Feel: Refreshed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite! There are
many improvements for users running OS X 10.9 Mavericks and below
- Federated Search: Improved layout.
- Retina support: The app is now optimised for Retina
- Selection styles & controls: improved readability for the
List and Columns library view modes - identify currently selected
items more easily.
- Libary: You can now edit flag, rating or read/unread metadata
for a paper directly from the library list table.
- Overview Inspector: New "Read" and "Cite" quick link buttons
for every paper in your library - speed up your workflow!
- Reader: Quickly find a paper in your library by clicking
"Reveal" in the Overview inspector - you are brought back to the
Libary tab and the paper will be automatically selected in the
library list table.
- Reader: Improvements to how tabs look in the Reader view.
- Citations: New look and feel.
- Annotations: A color selector is now present in the Reader
bottom bar when adding highlights or underlines to a paper.
- Sources: The Sources drop-down menu is now more prominent when
using the Sources view.
- Sources: ISSN is now available as an option in the Sources
- Highlighting: The choice of current highlight annotation color
is now remembered between app launches when adding subsequent
- Look & Feel: New icons and images as part of the refreshed
look of Papers 3 for Mac for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Other New Features
- Supplemental PDFs can now optionally be exported along with
primary PDFs when using the File → Export… → PDF
Files & Media option.
- Exported supplemental PDFs can now optionally have their
- Annotations made to PDFs in external applications can now be
made editable within the Papers Reader view by using the View
→ Annotate → Extract Embedded Annotations option.
Performance & Stability
- PDFs associated with library items are no longer deleted when
adding those items to the Reading List if "Move original file to
Trash on import" is selected in the Preferences.
- Dragging a supplemental file to Finder now correctly copies the
supplemental file rather than the primary PDF.
- Supplemental files are now correctly imported and exported with
Papers Archive files.
- User-added keywords are no longer removed when using the
- Better sorting of shared collections: The imported date for
papers added to Papers Online shared collections is now treated as
the date that the paper was added to the shared collection (rather
than the date the paper is imported into the user's local
- Fixes an occasional crash at launch when running on versions of
Mac OS X older than 10.9.
- Author metadata is now added to the Info inspector when
importing BibTeX, Endnote or RIS files.
- Color labels, flag status and ratings are now persisted when
moving papers to a Papers Online shared collection or the Reading
- Consistent syncing status messages and status light indicators
during and after syncing.
- The subtitle field in the Info inspector now wraps text onto a
new line when changing the wide of the sidebar panel.
- When selecting the same paper in different collections
simulatenously, the status message in the bottom bar is now updated
- Removes a cause of "Waiting for app shut down" messages and
delays when quitting the app or shutting down your Mac.
- User preferences for some options such as page rotation and
show / hide cover pages are now persisted between app
- Changing the publication date in the Inspector Info tab now
correctly updates the date in the Overview tab, the Reader screen
tab and the List, Grid and Coverflow views.
- PDF Display menu items are again available from the View
- The "Page Thumbnails" view mode on the Preview pane &
Reader has been temporarily disabled when running Papers 3 for Mac
on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. This avoids a bug introduced in OS X 10.10
with PDF rendering that would cause Papers 3 for Mac to crash
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.