Overview of the Changes
Papers 2.4.9 fixes a number of bugs and shows improved performance and stability. It also introduces improved BibTeX import and export, and the return of the Web of Science search engine. Finally, it introduces over 1300 new CSL journal styles: all Springer journals are now supported! Enjoy the new update!
- Introducing over 1300 new CSL styles for all Springer journals.
- Return of the Web of Science search plugin that uses their new web service API.
- Added the ability to trigger a search for the selected text from the contextual menu when right-clicking the PDF.
Other bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue where Pandoc code blocks were wrongly interpreted as Papersformatted citekeys.
- Fixed an issue where the sandbox would prevent formatting of TextEdit and Pages documents.
- Addressed a performance issue caused by having smart collections as children of a manual collection.
- Improved performance issue of repository searching.
- Fixed an issue where the collection column was repeatedly recalculated.
Other bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue where merging duplicate articles would duplicate same keywords.
- Fixed an issue where merging duplicate articles only preserved annotations from one article.
- Fixed an issue where writing notes in full screen mode caused cursor to jump.
- Fixed an issue where selected smart collections and selected papers from main library view could not be exported.
- Fixed an issue where sharing a PDF with annotations via email did not work.
- Fixed an issue where conference names were not imported from ACM.
- Fixed an issue where citation files imported from Pubmed could not be opened.
- Fixed an issue where articles imported from nbib files could not be opened in a tab.
- Fixed an issue where keyword keyboard shortcut would not work for websites, periodicals and conferences in preview mode.
- Fixed an issue where institutional author completion was buggy.
- Fixed an issue where Wiley DOIs were not correctly parsed.
- Fixed an issue where publication date was not imported from IEEExplore journals.
- Fixed an issue where results were not properly parsed by the IEEExplore search engine.
- Fixed an issue where DBLP search returned empty results.
- Fixed an issue where Notes inspector tab count was not updated to zero when notes were deleted.
- Fixed an issue where batched search from IEEE did not work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Springerlink RIS, Bib and TXT citation file download did not work.
- Fixed an issue where the PDF selection popup would not respond when merging articles.
- Fixed an issue where 'Skip' option with Notes export did not work.
- Fixed an issue where adding a new EZProxy via Other in preferences returned Other (null).
- Fixed an issue where the application would hang on startup.
- Added the possibility to add new custom EZProxy address.
- Improved workflow for matching PlosOne articles.
- Adding a chapter to a book now adds the book editors to the chapter.
- Added ability to handle keyword searches when the keyword contains accented characters.
- Added a workaround to prevent crash upon switching between single and multicolumn search result display.
- Updated the Espacenet search plugin to use the latest version of their REST API.
- Removed Amazon search plugin as it is no longer supported.
Papers for iOS
We advise to upgrade to Papers for iOS 1.9.17, this free update is available in the iTunes App Store.
Have a look at our roadmap to see what's up next: