This is a pre-release beta version of Papers for Mac, intended for testing upcoming features and gathering feedback. Before updating to a pre-release version of Papers for Mac, please make a backup of your Papers Library. If you experience any issues, or have any feedback, please contact our support team.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications regarding pre-release versions of Papers for Mac, you can opt-out via the menu: Papers ▸ Preferences ▸ General.
- Adds support for using the virtual disk in El Capitan by updating the bundled version of OSXFuse to 2.8.1. If you have already installed an older version of OSXFuse, you can update via: System Preferences ▸ Fuse for OS X ▸ Check for Updates.
- It is no longer possible to get stuck on the Update screen if your Papers license or trial has expired.
- Improves the experience of launching Papers for Mac for the first time.
- You can now optionally create, or sign into, your Papers Account when setting up your library.
- Syncing Improvements
- We now support syncing your library between desktop versions of Papers using other syncing services, in addition to Dropbox. We have tested the following services:
- Syncing with Papers for iPhone and iPad continues to require either Dropbox or Local Network Syncing. You can learn more about syncing your Papers Library on our Knowledge base.
- You no longer need to provide your Dropbox credentials when syncing using Dropbox. Just place your Papers Library into your Dropbox folder and Papers will handle the rest.
- The Syncing preferences screen has been simplified.
- The activation sheet has been updated to add support for upcoming subscriptions to Papers, in addition to the one-time purchase we have always been offering.
- Requests to aps.org websites are throttled to one request per 30 seconds to prevent hitting the aps.org rate limit.
- Your Papers Library no longer has to be named
- It is now possible to use Local Network Sync to synchronise files whose names contain non-latin characters.
- Resolves an occasional issue where files attached to publications already in your library that are added via a sync are not visible until restarting Papers.
Versions 3.4.0 and later of Papers 3 for Mac require Mac OS 10.9 or higher. You can learn more about upgrading your version of Mac OS for free via Apple's support website.