First you need your com.readcube.desktop folder from the preferences folder in your library. You will have to put this on a network drive, an external hard drive, or a thumb drive, and put it in your new machine's preferences folder once you install ReadCube. You can find this folder by following these steps:
Navigate to your library. This is found at the file path
- Open the preferences folder in the library
- Drag the following folder to your desired storage unit: com.readcube.desktop
Same general steps, except you will find your preferences folder at %APPDATA%\com.readcube.desktop if using Windows XP (type this into "Run"), %LOCALAPPDATA%\com.readcube.desktop if using windows vista/7 (type this into the bottom left search bar), and C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\com.readcube.Desktop if using Windows 8 (type this into the bottom left search bar.
Once you have this folder, feel free to reformat and upgrade to a different OS. Unfortunately, for this data transfer to work, you will need the following to be true:
- All of the directories for your files must be in the same place. This means that if all of your PDFs were in ~/Users/[your username]/Documents/Research, they must all be there in your new computer.
- You must have the same username on your computer.
- You must use the same ReadCube account.
- You cannot be going from Mac -> Windows, or Mac -> Windows.