Feature Requests

Have a great idea for a new feature we should include in the next version of ReadCube? Let us know here, on our Feature Request public forum.

If you see your idea listed here already, be sure to check the comments—we may have posted information or an update about the feature you desire!

It would be cool if ReadCube could...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. for the paper review panel on the right, be able to adjust the size of the sections i.e.could shorten the abstract so I can see my notes

for the paper review panel on the right, be able to adjust the size of the sections i.e.so I could shorten the abstract so I can always see my notes without having to open the pdf

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow for longer list name.

Most of my list name don't fit in the left panel. I would be nice if they fit by having a larger left panel or making the panel resizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. keep inline citations in the spot where they were created.

I find my inline citations tend to move as I create more. They get mixed up, making it difficult to find where in the article they are refering to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. download each paper associated with a Frontiers e-book.

Frontiers line of journals often compile relevant reviews and original articles into e-books organized by topic. They are brilliant. It would be really cool if you could create a feature by which you could download the articles associated with the e-books so that they are searchable within your database.

Right now the e-book PDF's are in my library, but the metadata (which is difficult to find in pubmed and google scholar for most of them) doesn't include anything on each article within, so it's not search friendly. It would be great to automatically download each article and include them either…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. list the paper by relativity,or some kind others

When i search the key words in the bar, then comes out the consequence only by the newly time.it is not convenient to find the most relative papers I want.so if you group can make more specific search results, and can list with some type ,that would help a lot. thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop/Mobile Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hand to move the PDF

Have a hand to move the PDF like Adobe Reader and shortcut to zoom in and out

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. not prevent the auto-hidden taskbar from reappearing when you mouse over it

when using windows 7 with the taskbar auto-hide feature enabled, whenever I am using ReadCube I have to use the windows key to show the taskbar, I can't just mouse down to the bottom edge of the screen. this is pretty frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter my search into specific article types (data articles, reviews, etc)

When conducting a search in Pubmed or Google Scholar it would be very useful if there was the option to filter the results so that I could view only research articles or only review articles and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make anything entered in the comments box appear in the notes box.

When I read through an article I usually highlight the most important points and sentences I want to use a quotes later. It was make it so much easier to review articles I have alreay read by seeing what I highlighted on the main dashboard page. Its a pain to have to copy them once into the comments and again into the notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add categories "journal" and "magazine"

Currently you only have "journal article" and "magazine article".

Many people probably have multiple full journals and magazines, which obviously consist of many articles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Open web link from article view

When I view the papers in my library I can click the 'Web' icon that takes me to the URL for that article. This is very helpful for creating linked citations in HTML. Please make this 'Web' button also available in the article view, meaning when I'm reading the article. Currently, if I want to find the URL for that article I either have to find it in my library or search for the title in Google.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort pubmed searches by date

Sort pubmed searches by date

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Article Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep references in Word/SmartCite from breaking to another line

If I have a superscript indicating references 2-8 at the end of a sentence, for example, there was an instance where the "2-" stayed on one line and the "8." broke to the next line. The references and punctuation should be constrained to stay on one line with the preceding word.
    Thanks for adding SmartCite, though! I'm looking forward to my world with only one reference manager in it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. return a user specified number of results from an unmatched article search

At present, unmatched article searches returns 20 results when >20 potential matches are found. In this case, one must refine the search and try again. However one may find it more convenient to simply return more results during the first query in order to find the relevant article.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)