It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Make a fully functional ReadCube Windows 10 app

With Windows 10 it's possible to make one app for all Windows devices (phones, tablets, hybrids, laptops, pc's... even Xbox) with a scalable UI. ReadCube from phone to TV!
It would be great to have full touch and pen support for devices like a Surface, or any other Windows tablet with pen. That way PDF's can be annotated in any possible way, just like paper.
It's now even possible for developers to easily port the Android/iOS app. ;)
(http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-going-all-out-courting-ios-android-developers)

869 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ferenc TothFerenc Toth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great as it would allow me to use my 2 in 1 laptop as a tablet while using ReadCube.

• Sarah BoswellSarah Boswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to add my support to this comment! Just got my surface and was excited to read papers on it.... But finger scrolling, the pen, nothing works right! Please!! update touchpad capabilities ASAP.

• Chris OnderisinChris Onderisin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got a Surface Pro 3, and was excited to use ReadCube on Windows 10 with it. Unfortunately, the way the program functions on Windows 10 with respect to touch recognition and Surface Pen functionality is basically non-existent. I loved ReadCube on Windows 7, but with how easy and intuitive the touch interface of Windows 10 is, I find using ReadCube in the old manner to be pretty frustrating. I second a dedicated Windows 10 app!

• CypolarisCypolaris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Readcube and I'm willing to pay the yearly 50€ if there is a Windows 10 Universal App that runs on phones. Lumia phones have the best performance/price ratio in the market at the moment and sure will pick up some market share. I'm not thinking of swtiching from Windows Phone in the foreseeable future. think it is a safe bet to develop an app for Windows Phone. Until then I'm sticking with regular free plan.

• WANG WeihaoWANG Weihao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got my surface 3. And find it's hard to work with the desktop programme of readcube on my surface. The font is blur and can't not slide the pdf with touch screen.

• Juan VargasJuan Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate feeling like app makers don't care about me because I own a Windows Phone!! I have a windows computer and want to have the freedom to choose a Windows phone without fear of being blackballed by app makers that only spend their time on Google and Apple apps. The only thing Windows Phone lacks compared to Android and iPhone is a fully stocked app-store. Please don't be like everyone else readcube, I believe you guys are better than that! Make an app for Windows Phones!!

• Jon JakobssonJon Jakobsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Windows 10 coming up, a dedicated windows app would work on both windows desktop/tablets and phones, making the work so much easier for the developers.

• Dave DaruttoDave Darutto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is 2015 and we are still waiting for a windows phone app. But its OK, now you can create a powerful windows app that will work in desktops and mobiles at the same time in windows 10. This is your opportunity to do a great thing, and have the best product. Remember that a high percentage of the desktop computation in the world is still windows based, support for this platform is underrated nowadays. I'm counting on your common sense.

• Lisa StevensonLisa Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phones have so many advantages, but we need more great applications like Readcube! Shut out the voices of the naysayers (those who don't even use WP) who suggest the WP market isn't worth your time, and listen to those of us who realize the true capabilities of WP--people who rely on our devices to do real work, everyday. When I leave my desk, I have the ability to continue many of the tasks I was working on, from my Nokia Lumia. Yes, I can do most anything on my phone from the browser, but a dedicated app is obviously better as it is optimized for a mobile device. Please (!) add a Windows Phone app!

Feedback and Knowledge Base