It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Support the import and export of externally annotated PDF-files.

Currently, when importing PDFs into Readcube, external annotations are not maintained (highlights, notes, etc.). Conversely, when viewing a Readcube PDF in an external PDF viewer, the annotations are not exported. This prevents you from using Readcube if you have already got a large library with annotated files.

465 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ralitsa Radostinova MadsenRalitsa Radostinova Madsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ArielleArielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes. This feature would be great. I have so many pdfs with comments in them, and I'd love to store everything in the same place.

• Kelly FitzKelly Fitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This pair of (missing) features is practically a show-stopper for me. But for this, I'd be ready to migrate my 1200 article library.

• niuniu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function will attract more people to use readcube.Plz do something! Thank you

• Serena TamburinoSerena Tamburino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've always used pdf expert on my ipad and I'd like to switch to readcube but it's not possible to copy all the notes and highlights. Please do something! Thank you

• Ralf KraheRalf Krahe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. This would indeed be a wonderful functionality for migrating users with externally annotated pdfs (e.g., Mendeley and Acrobat). Is there an ETA for this long-term planned functionality?

• Ralf KraheRalf Krahe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. This would indeed be a wonderful functionality for migrating users with externally annotated pdfs (e.g., Mendeley and Acrobat). Is there an ETA for this long-term planned functionality?

• Kumar MainaliKumar Mainali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2000 articles in my dropbox that I have read with Acrobat Pro in desktop or with PDF Expert in iPad, and have annotations (highlights, underline, notes, sound files) in many of them. Those two applications support each other's annotations and that makes my life easier. ReadCube does not support annotations made in other applications. I love many features of ReadCube but cannot use it for reading purpose because of this single problem. I hope you will resolve this issue sometime soon.

• Norman WhiteNorman White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Readcube is the best and smartest reference manager program I have seen. BUT I have a large collection of pdfs with hightlights and notes created with Adobe Acrobat. This information is critical for me and the fact that readcube does not import it makes switching to readcube very problematic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base