It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Associate a color with a list when viewing articles in my library

I want to assign a color code to my lists, and then view color tagged articles in my library. I should also be able to see if an article belongs to more than one list.

446 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
D. GallaD. Galla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frank GoodingFrank Gooding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea! This would make clear at a glance which articles are in which list(s). Showing articles belonging to multiple lists would seem problematic though. Should be combined with having set of lists given in the article info pane.

• Adam SyandaAdam Syanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am often working on multiple projects. I would like to assign a color to each list, so selecting the relevant article would be easier. The article titles could have a color tint (background) indicating what list they're in. Thanks!

• Scott TetzScott Tetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be wonderful, as well as listing what journal(s) it was published under in the infobox/library screen

• SHSH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Indicating which lists an article belongs to would be a great improvement.

• Reinhard KalbReinhard Kalb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is exactly what I would like to have. And to spin it further - it would be nice to give an articles a couple of customer tags (keywords) to enable a fast finding within lists and cross lists. This accomanied with a sort function (f.e. view all articles highlighted in red only, having this keyword, etc.) would be great.

• Nicolas ThiercelinNicolas Thiercelin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking to something different and closer from the original idea of this idea (that has been modified since its submission): either indicate in Info to which lists this paper belongs, either create a new tab after Info and Cite, called Lists where would be indicated the lists where this paper is present.
    I join two illustrations for this idea:
    - in the Info part: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/38/1379524220-readcube-list2.jpg
    - in a new tab: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/38/1379524219-readcube-list1.jpg

• David EntenbergDavid Entenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that's the idea I was looking for too. Once you have a large number of references in the system, it becomes difficulte to identify which lists contain that reference.

• Dom HelmlingerDom Helmlinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lucas,

I don't know whether this what Patricio requested but what you describes is exactly what I need. So it'd be great to implement this in Readcube. Thanks for a great software. I have tested a lot of different softwares before comitting to Readcube and I am very happy with my decision.

Dom

Feedback and Knowledge Base