It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Make use of tablet functionality.

Many windows users have touchscreens and some of us have touch screens with Wacom pens. It would be great if read cube could integrate pen and Multitouch input like onenote does. pinch to zoom, finger scrolling, and have it know that when I use my finger it should scroll but when I use the pen it should highlight (or ink if the pen is selected (hint hint inking should be added as well)) These functionalities are already available in many programs and I am sure they could be easily adapted to work in read cube. This will make the program perfect for reading articles on touch enabled devices!

1,720 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mounir A. KoussaMounir A. Koussa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mohammad Mahdi KamaniMohammad Mahdi Kamani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a laptop with touch screen and working with touchscreen is really easier than mouse. But, unfortunately readcube does not support touch screen for reading articles.

• raymjoe@gmail.comraymjoe@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find using the readcube web-library through edge/chrome/firefox is best for reading, highlighting, and note-taking on a document when using a touchscreen computer (i.e. surface, etc). I wish the desktop application had better touchscreen support and didn't constantly freeze up.

• Santiago MontesdeocaSantiago Montesdeoca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly necessary on a surface pro 4. I cannot use ReadCube as a reading device since it only supports scrolling with the mouse. Support for touchscreen scrolling like any other application is essential! All these other requests have also been done regarding this issue:
    http://support.readcube.com/forums/136555-feature-requests/suggestions/5364964-improve-scrolling-functionality
    http://support.readcube.com/forums/136555-feature-requests/suggestions/5894692-improve-scrolling-keystrokes
    http://support.readcube.com/forums/136555-feature-requests/suggestions/7447174-enable-panning-of-pdf-pages

• Ramutis VKRamutis VK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The arrival of ReadCube Web for Pro accounts at last gives Microsoft Surface tablet users a glimmer of hope. At last, when using the ReadCube Web platform at app.readcube.com, the web browser can show off some of its native capabilities including 'pinch to zoom' and 'scroll down'. Still the ReadCube button bars are not any more touch capable than the ReadCube Desktop version, nor has there been added any Pen writing features.
    I imagine that these will soon be added, in fact this stream has now been called 'STARTED'. Yeah! Can't wait. Why in fact, even the Adobe Creative Cloud has gone all touchy after much apparent reluctance (no kidding, it was hilarious watching the Adobe MAX 2015 conference when they announced the new Surface features to the largely IPad and Mac users, the audience looked stunned regarding the Surface, LOL).

• Victor GirottoVictor Girotto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks very promising, but no touch support is a deal breaker for me. I like using my Surface in portrait mode without the keyboard when reading, which is impossible at this point. Fix that (and general blurriness on high DPI screens--but that's another topic) and readcube seems like a strong contender.

• Wouter De TavernierWouter De Tavernier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second that. It is a pain to scroll through the document without being able to use the touchscreen, and virtually impossible to go though the references. This is a very promising programme, but without the touch function it's absolutely useless for me.
    Additional touch and pen functions would be very helpful, but in first instance getting the scrolling to work is an absolute necessity.

• Brian KepplerBrian Keppler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe Readcube still doesn't support touchscreens. I just purchased a new convertible laptop and I had big plans to read and annotate all my PDFs with Readcube. In general I love Readcube but I won't be using it anymore until touchscreen support is added.

• irakliirakli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a pen and touch wacom tablet that is a good tool for annotating. Inking feature in ReadCube would be a helpful tool.

• May YuanMay Yuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the functions be added? It was marked "PLANNED" on September 11, 2013. It was more than 19 months ago!

• Jaeyeol HwangJaeyeol Hwang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why touch related functionalities are missing in readcube desktop!
    It's time to move on touch input. This is one of the missing essential functionalities in readcube desktop. Additionally, I would suggest that screen orientation and layout should be improved.

Most of the windows 8.1 based tablets support both landscape and portrait screen orientations.
    In portrait screeen orientation, layout of Readcube desktop is really bad. Layout should be improved on the basis of screen orientation.

I hope all of my requests will be implemented upcoming upgrade.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Jaeyeol HwangJaeyeol Hwang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also please support pinch zoom, gesture scroll, and other touch and gesture inputs in Readcube Desktop.

• Nathan ClineNathan Cline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is driving me nuts. I want to be able to scroll, pinch zoom, and use my digitizing pen. I'm about to ditch readcube because of this. Get it done!

• Michael MeyerMichael Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of touch compatibility is preventing me and most of my lab from paying for a PRO subscription. If I could use ReadCube on my windows 8.1 tablet, I would pay to have it sync with my desktop.

I don't understand how this can take so long to implement--it's literally 3 functions: touch to scroll, pinch to zoom, and every other touch is interpreted as a mouse click. Heck, even if ALL touches were simply interpreted as mouse clicks, it would at least be usable.

ReadCube initially attracted users because of its innovation and ease of use. It is falling miserably behind the curve on this one. Don't let 2015 come without implementing this functionality that is years-old for almost every other type of application.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base