It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Mark article as read/unread

It would be nice to mark an article as unread, so as the library grows you can keep track of the articles to be read.

1,522 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
GennaroGennaro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also very very important. Perhaps not only read/unread but other stages such as skimmed, abstract-read, screened, started reading, interrupted, read again, or some similar (but consistent) scheme.

• Scott M Reis, MDScott M Reis, MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this is a total deal breaker for Readcube and the only reason I'll still use Papers3 for my manuscript library management

• Hernando CasasHernando Casas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely needed, although I would add that it shouldn't be only read/unread. Rather, you should have stages (unread, screened, skimmed-read, read, etc.) and perhaps stages that the user can define her/himself.

• Lindsay OssoLindsay Osso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also currently using the favourite marker for this but it would be great if it had its own marker! I would like to use my favourite marker to actually mark my favourite articles.

• MaximMaxim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! It is nice to keep track of the articles that you have read already (or have to be read). Currently doing this with the favorite marker.
    Even better would be if the articles had some kind of progress bar underneath, which you can drag up to where you have read approximately (introduction/half-way/almost done/complete).

• Heather Brignull, PhDHeather Brignull, PhD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often addd articles of to readcube as I scan through TOC emails during short breaks between experiments. This is done with the intent to going back and read them when I have more time. A hint as to which articles I haven't looked at yet would be fantastic.

• Gary W. Kunsman, Ph.D.Gary W. Kunsman, Ph.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea. As the Lab Director of a Service Lab I am constantly interrupted just after adding an article(s) to my library. The ability to flag as unread and even extend that to include a reminder will allow me to quickly return to such articles following a few hours of "putting out fires" and having forgotten what it was I wanted to read.

Feedback and Knowledge Base