It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Add/create tags and labels to organize my articles

I would like to be able to create tags and labels for PDFs. This would allow me to associate specific keywords (like "monkey" or "protein") and then search for those keywords when looking in my library. Articles that had been tagged with those keywords would then show up.

1,233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kim, Seung-SooKim, Seung-Soo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Maggie Billard CosgraveAdminMaggie Billard Cosgrave (Admin, ReadCube) responded  · 

We’re excited to announce that #tagging is now available as part of ReadCube PRO along with unlimited cloud sync and storage, advanced file management, watch folders and advanced article metrics.

If you’d like to restart your PRO trial – just follow the link and you’ll get 30 days to check out the new features: http://rdcu.be/eq4g

Check out how it works here:
http://support.readcube.com/knowledgebase/articles/742269

Let us know if you have any questions!

The ReadCube Team

38 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ArielleArielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to drag the tags to a paper and have it assigned automatically. The ability to tag multiple at once would also be nice.

• Mai SunMai Sun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great! It would be even better if it support auto completion, it would be really helpful, once I have hundreds of tags in my library.

• EE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about tags in annotations/highlights/notes?

• David KelleyDavid Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be far more useful if you were shown a list of suggested tags once you start typing. I'd like to have lots of tags, but I can't always remember exactly what I want to refer to a topic as.

• Alex FergusAlex Fergus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi.
    Yes this is a much needed feature, especially with the combination of smart folders.

Any idea when it will be complete?

• Brett V. GaspersBrett V. Gaspers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Papers has this feature and I use it extensively to create smart lists of papers in particular therapeutic areas.

In addition, papers indexed by PubMed have MeSH tags. It would be great if ReadCube could import and use these.

• YKYK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we can search articles with the names of the lists they belong to (combined with other criteria), it will be as good as a hierarchical tag system.

• Xuhang LiuXuhang Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really a pain to use ReadCube at the moment without tags!!! I don't even know whether a paper has already been put in the right folder or not!

• Csaba VeresCsaba Veres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Articles can be members of more than one list. This is essentially the same as tagging. The only difference is that you can't see the "tags"/"lists" on the article itself. This should be easy to add to the user interface!

• Julia HaarbrückerJulia Haarbrücker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to suggest to make those tags (or one's library in general) searchable with boolean operators (which would also allow to exclude tags/lists/whatever).

• Angelica ParenteAngelica Parente commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to take notes on a given paper and then search through those. What would be even better is the ability to add contexts/tags to a note such that I can search my notes by context.

For example, there are MANY occasions where I read something in a paper and I want to re-visit it in greater depth at a later point, ie. look up the citations for that highlighted region of text and read the referenced paper after I finish the first paper.

Right now, I have to do the above by memory. And like many of us, my memory isn't big enough to contain all the notes on all the papers I take.

For this reason I currently take my notes in onenote, but that shouldnt have to be the case.

What would also be nice is the ability to add tags to references! Say theres about 5 papers in a list of references that I need to read - but I don't want to stop what I'm reading now to look at those. It would be much easier to just flag those papers directly in the references section. Those papers could then be immediately downloaded and added to a specific folder (for example, a "Flagged" folder).

• Alexa SadierAlexa Sadier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea and I think that it is different from the list system. I would be great to have tag in addition to list to make connexions between papers.

• Hernando CasasHernando Casas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sure, tags are a must!, ..., currently, to organize my library I have to rely on lists, but drag-and-drop is very painful and also it is not possible to search based on the list-based organization (articles in list X1 and X2, but not in list X3). You cannot even know for a single article, in which list(s) is currently grouped. Hope this will be improved; tags behavior would be much superior. See for example how Qiqqa handles tags.

• Noah PettitNoah Pettit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea. I currently use "#tagname" to create searchable tags in article notes and commments but it would be great if readcube had a built in tagging system.

• Mai SunMai Sun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea; and I think this is not identical to the "nested list" idea. Because there can be only one nested list structure, whereas you can attach keywords to the article as you like.

I hope this will soon be approved

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base