It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Sync libraries (articles, notes, lists, and highlights) across multiple computers/devices

Right now, it is very difficult to synchronize libraries across computers because of how ReadCube stores data. A synchronized feature (similar to dropbox or amazon's cloud) would be incredibly helpful.

6,278 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
celery krabulacelery krabula shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  ReadCube SupportReadCube Support responded  · 

With the release of ReadCube Pro, we are very happy to announce that our Cloud Sync feature is now available! Our Cloud Sync feature is available in your preferences menu on your desktop client under the “ReadCube Pro” tab. As long as you have an active subscription to ReadCube Pro, your desktop client will automatically sync any changes you make to your library up to our server. Whenever you log in to a new machine that doesn’t have your full library, all new changes will be downloaded immediately (as long as you have an active internet connection). For more information about this, please see our support article about Cloud Sync at: http://support.readcube.com/knowledgebase/articles/278198-cloud-sync-faq

99 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Khaled TolbaKhaled Tolba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this sync feature isn't available yet. I thought it was there all along and I just couldn't turn it on/activate it. Isn't this the whole purpose of using Readcube, to be able to download files at work and access them at home !.

• Levi WaldronLevi Waldron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I can tell, it is impossible to restore your library even if you have your hard drive fully backed up. After re-formatting my computer and discovering this, it doesn't seem worthwhile to continue using ReadCube. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Ali Ekrem YesilkanalAli Ekrem Yesilkanal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just would like to be able to sync all my library and folders on all of my computers easily (lab computer, home computer etc..). I also have a Mac at work, and a PC at home.

• sizesize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dropbox has such api, so it is comparatively easier for developers to cooperate with dropbox

• sizesize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it‘s a very important feature for our cloud generation

• Alexandra MaiaAlexandra Maia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Critical need i must say! it would be AWESOME if you guys can arrange that! Maybe in early 2013? :D

• Joseph CorboJoseph Corbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update from the Readcube folks as to when the sync functionality will be available? This is a critical need!

• Hassan ZaraketHassan Zaraket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. I wonder if this function is out yet? I can't find any tab that would let me see library built on my desktop. If not, then what's the need for a user name and password.

• Devin HasanallyDevin Hasanally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely would like to see this implemented in such a way to include integration with Google Drive, and also iCloud to share to devices as well.

• ClaudioClaudio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this sync of comments, notes, papers and highlights as well, in order to access info from multiple computers.

• Edward RichardsEdward Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not all of us want to sync the PDFs. I sync all my files, including those in Readcube. What I would really like is to be able just sync the database and the file links. Then as long as I maintain the same directory structure Readcube will see the files without it having to manage them. This is much flexible, especially for folks with a LOT of BIG articles, such those with geologic data.

• Vladimir GorshkovVladimir Gorshkov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Martin V., with complete shutdown it should work. When you press the "x" sign, program is still running (you can see the icon in your system tray), you should close it completly, ex. rightclicking systray icon and choose necessary option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base