It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Sync libraries (articles, notes, lists, and highlights) across multiple computers/devices

Right now, it is very difficult to synchronize libraries across computers because of how ReadCube stores data. A synchronized feature (similar to dropbox or amazon's cloud) would be incredibly helpful.

6,278 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
celery krabulacelery krabula shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  ReadCube SupportReadCube Support responded  · 

With the release of ReadCube Pro, we are very happy to announce that our Cloud Sync feature is now available! Our Cloud Sync feature is available in your preferences menu on your desktop client under the “ReadCube Pro” tab. As long as you have an active subscription to ReadCube Pro, your desktop client will automatically sync any changes you make to your library up to our server. Whenever you log in to a new machine that doesn’t have your full library, all new changes will be downloaded immediately (as long as you have an active internet connection). For more information about this, please see our support article about Cloud Sync at: http://support.readcube.com/knowledgebase/articles/278198-cloud-sync-faq

99 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Elber leeElber lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe the whole lib is too hard to realise at first, but the list,or the contents would be quite helpful. Or at least we could export and inport the lib list now. I want it desperately.

Becasue normally we have more than 1 computer to work with.

• lai weilai wei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I upgrade my PC to Windows 8 and re-installed ReadCube but kept the library I created before. Then I imported the library again to Readcube....finally I found that all my notes and category were lost. It's horrible.......

• Virginia LiaoVirginia Liao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thank you so much for your efforts! really appreciate it! really looking forward to having this feature, would be a big leap!

• David JonesDavid Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried the citation functionality in readcube and it needs a lot of work before I could even think of using it seriously. It drops page numbers and swaps surnames with forenames. I have not even looked at its ability to abbreviate journals. It is still a long way from being a functional citation manager.

• LoganthaLogantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync would be very welcome, but I hope readcube does'nt end up like Mendeley, Zotero or dropbox which charge for web storage space. If charging £$ is inevitable then a minimum of 5 gb of free space will be a sure competition beater.

• TawandaTawanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully you will make the sync optional. One of my gripes with Mendeley is it "forces" sync on launch which sometimes affects performance. Personally I'm happy local.

• Sarah ShahmoradianSarah Shahmoradian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have a work computer (that I will eventually need to return to the department) and a personal home computer. It would be very useful to have everything preserved (articles, highlights, etc) across any computer with ReadCube installed, in which I login using my details (username, password).

• Elizabeth AbercrombieElizabeth Abercrombie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use DropBox. Change the ReadCube Media folder location in ReadCube preferences. Direct the path to the ReadCube folder in your drop box. Do this for the ReadCube program on all your computers and the media folder will sync in dropbox and be accessible from all your computers.

• shashank sahushashank sahu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am no expert but, I know that there is a software calibre (a eBook management software). It allows us to import or forget libraries; and because of this feature it is highly portable.

• Daniel LikiusDaniel Likius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is your sping so that you can then release this very important feature. We can even buy these feature since Readcube is the best and simple program so far I encounter.

• Christian AppendiniChristian Appendini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You shouldn´t get to 1000 votes!!! The issue should be completed before reaching the 1000 votes! When will it be implemented?

• Kenneth PfaffKenneth Pfaff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud please. Even if the entire library isn't necessarily available on all PCs (having a home base does have its advantages), it would be nice to click and get article by article as needed.

In any case, I am a Head Librarian. I want to install ReadCube on our library computers, but need a way to have a login screen each time the software opens, and then, the cloud! Please and thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base