It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Sync libraries (articles, notes, lists, and highlights) across multiple computers/devices

Right now, it is very difficult to synchronize libraries across computers because of how ReadCube stores data. A synchronized feature (similar to dropbox or amazon's cloud) would be incredibly helpful.

6,278 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
celery krabulacelery krabula shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  ReadCube SupportReadCube Support responded  · 

With the release of ReadCube Pro, we are very happy to announce that our Cloud Sync feature is now available! Our Cloud Sync feature is available in your preferences menu on your desktop client under the “ReadCube Pro” tab. As long as you have an active subscription to ReadCube Pro, your desktop client will automatically sync any changes you make to your library up to our server. Whenever you log in to a new machine that doesn’t have your full library, all new changes will be downloaded immediately (as long as you have an active internet connection). For more information about this, please see our support article about Cloud Sync at: http://support.readcube.com/knowledgebase/articles/278198-cloud-sync-faq

99 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David EntenbergDavid Entenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this one? I've been keeping my old computer around just because I can't transfer my library or notes to the new one. Even a back door workaround method would be appreciated...

• Fabien PaulotFabien Paulot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Meanwhile, on mac you can use dropbox to sync readcube between different computers.

In a terminal
    cd ~/Library/Preferences

mv com.readcube.catalyst.plist ~/Dropbox/.
    mv com.readcube.catalyst ~/Dropbox/.
    mv com.readcube.Desktop ~/Dropbox/.

then on any mac,
    ln -s ~/Dropbox/com.readcube* ~/Library/Preferences/.

If you also store your readcube publications in Dropbox, everything should be in sync.

• David O'DonnellDavid O'Donnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the ReadCube app, but would like to echo the same sentiments below. An update on this front would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Lucio FarenzenaLucio Farenzena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Do you have an updated schedule for the release of a cloud solution?
    As the users know, Readcube is a very nice software but the possibility to sync with other computers is essential...

• Martin V.Martin V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well summer started june 21st so the promise (metaphorically) of spring release seems to have left with conor who no longer works at readcube (according to his linkedn). I check this thing everytime I need to read a paper and take notes and hope to not have to print it out and put it in a stack that is difficult to sort through but at least then I have a single set of papers. Any revised unrealistic release date?

• yatendrayatendra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear developers,
    Readcube is a revolutionary software and seriously needs the sync feature. I wonder why it is not implemented yet. Without sync, it seems like having a Lion without roar.

Please hurry up..... I have invested so much time and labor in building my article library. Can not wait to sync it on other devices.

Thanks

• Yashar ZeighamiYashar Zeighami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spring is almost over, any news? I am not using readcube just because of this one feature (I work on several computers) and I am waiting for it, is there a reason that the exact time cannot be announced?

• Kunpeng JiaKunpeng Jia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same hope that Readcube can sync data in the cloud. or,,,,,,
    there maybe another way that saveing highlights, notes and comments in servers and linked them with DOI and build a database on PC then when users used Readcube they can have the same experience if they have the database and can link internet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base