It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Sync libraries (articles, notes, lists, and highlights) across multiple computers/devices

Right now, it is very difficult to synchronize libraries across computers because of how ReadCube stores data. A synchronized feature (similar to dropbox or amazon's cloud) would be incredibly helpful.

6,278 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
celery krabulacelery krabula shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  ReadCube SupportReadCube Support responded  · 

With the release of ReadCube Pro, we are very happy to announce that our Cloud Sync feature is now available! Our Cloud Sync feature is available in your preferences menu on your desktop client under the “ReadCube Pro” tab. As long as you have an active subscription to ReadCube Pro, your desktop client will automatically sync any changes you make to your library up to our server. Whenever you log in to a new machine that doesn’t have your full library, all new changes will be downloaded immediately (as long as you have an active internet connection). For more information about this, please see our support article about Cloud Sync at: http://support.readcube.com/knowledgebase/articles/278198-cloud-sync-faq

99 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vivek BabuVivek Babu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this sync option would also be cross platform??? i.e from mac to windows and windows to mac???

• Zhibo MaZhibo Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, it was told to me that the new version of readcube with cloud library and smart cite will be released in late December. Why I still don't see them?

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Readcube would be worth every penny if this was up and working! Definitely the deciding factor if I will subscribe.

• Jiangyang ZhangJiangyang Zhang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the library sync function in the Readcube pro, but it does not support syncing lists. It should be added.

• Paul LevyPaul Levy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to sound impatient, but it is November 13, any status update on the syncing?

• Nicco ReggenteNicco Reggente commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised at how long I've been willing to wait for this, despite the inconvenience. Please make it happen soon :)

• Wei ChienWei Chien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking forward to this function.

But is there's any way I can move library data from 1 computer to another 1 offline now?

• John SzymanskiJohn Szymanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this going? What I'd really like is to be able to sync my library database across computers without necessarily keeping the downloaded PDFs on each--the required PDFs could be downloaded at will from within readcube.

Also would be nice to have an easy way to delete downloaded PDFs while keeping the citation in the library database--for papers i probably don't need but might want to come back to.

In a similar vein, it would be good to be able to download and read PDFs and then decide whether to keep or discard the file.

• Robert Daniel HoffmannRobert Daniel Hoffmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is the status of the syncing function?

This feature is really essential and I am willing to pay a fee for this feature, if money holds you back...

• Arthur ChengArthur Cheng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to access my one library on a cloud across all of my computers would be genious. Thanks for working on this!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base