It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Have the option to delete the pdf file when I delete a paper from my library

ReadCube only deletes PDFs from your library, but the file remains on your computer. Having the option to delete both would be helpful when trying to clean up one's library.

729 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the .pdf management feature becomes developed (which is now "started"), this should be integrated as part of that.

• Henk EskesHenk Eskes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree with what is said about this. I would like my "Readcube Media" folder to contain only useful papers. Manually removing files from the folder is a pain. It should be easy to include "remove pdf when removing a paper from the library" as a setting

• John SzymanskiJohn Szymanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Also, would be great to have the option to delete the PDFs while keeping the citation for peripheral papers that I probably don't need but might come back to.

• Heather Brignull, PhDHeather Brignull, PhD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an excellent addition. I already deleted many papers from the library before realizing that the files remined on my computer. Dreading the thought of trying to sort out that mess. Avoiding it in the future would be fantastic.

• Yuan YuanYuan Yuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some papers are not needed anymore and I want to remove them both from the library and my computer. Currently I have to manually delete the pdf file from my computer and it is getting ****** and ****** once I have more more paper in the "Readcube Media" folder. At least, please make "delete both" an option in the preference setting.Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base