It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Export/Print PDFs with highlights/notes

Highlights and/or notes could be saved on the PDF with the option of printing with or without. I would also recommend the feature allow you to choose to print with highlights or notes separately.

3,812 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
HaniyaHaniya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RMRM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please prioritize this feature. Without this feature, *ANY* collaboration with your team or with your own future self is near impossible.

• Georg J. FurtmüllerGeorg J. Furtmüller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be prioritized. Not being able to export the highlights and annotations to a print-out significantly limits the power of this application!

• EE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very very important. It should be exported in the standard PDF format.

• Adam SyandaAdam Syanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful for journal clubs. Currently, I have to print out and highlight the sections of articles manually while looking at my highlights on ReadCube.

• Jessica DowJessica Dow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be a priority. I just made a bunch of notes I wanted to present in class discussion but I cannot print them or see them as a side bar in the iPad app.

• Lukas SchönachLukas Schönach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I'm with anyone here, this would be an excellent and highly recommended option for the longevity of ReadCube.

• Tracey Yeadon-LeeTracey Yeadon-Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking at the date of these comments it looks increasingly like readcube is not in any hurry to provide a way that we can export or print PDfs with notes on. Looks like I won't be renewing my subscription!

• Tracey Yeadon-LeeTracey Yeadon-Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you make this a priority - not being able to save notes and export PDFs with notes visible severely limits the usefulness of this software

• Michelle TabenckiMichelle Tabencki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please add a feature that allows one to print articles with your highlighted text and notes!!!
    This would be extremely useful and I see that several others have suggested this...

• Tracey FooterTracey Footer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot find this specifically requested anywhere and I'm pretty new to ReadCube so I might be missing something, but could we please just export a list and/or selection of references from ReadCube to Word? I currently don't have EndNote or BibTex or any other reference software and I would like to use ReadCube for all my referencing needs. But while SmartCite is getting worked out (currently not working for me), it would be nice if I can at least get a quick TEXT export. I started using ReadCube to help with a 250+ reference project (instead of my own program where I had to enter everything manually), but it's useless if I can't get at least a pdf of my references. Thanks!

• TaninaTanina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was planned several years ago. Has the idea been shelved? It would be a very useful feature.

• Norman WhiteNorman White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notes should be exportable to Word or txt files so they can be reorganized and notes from several articles combined. In many cases this would provide a headstart on writing material that deals with a series of articles.

• Han XuHan Xu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user. I switched from other research paper organizer to this and paid for the pro version so that I can "sync" across devices and use the metrics function (which is awesome) . And when I printed a read paper, guess what, my highlights were gone, I got a brand new paper in which I need to dig again. Unbelievable.
    Isn't it something so basic that should be done before you put effort on making this product fancy?

Planned from Nov 18, 2011. <--- Let's rephrase it: "set aside on Nov. 18, 2011".

• Jo Ann BrownJo Ann Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ReadCubeTeam,
    I have had ReadCube for a year now and have been actively checking back on this feature. I cannot intergrate the app into my workflow without it.

Why are users still waiting for this? This is such basic functionality.
    Respectfully,
    JB

• Dylan DahlquistDylan Dahlquist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Readcube,

Would be awesome if you could make this happen! Myself and a lot of other researchers would love this feature.

Thanks for the awesome product thus far!

Cheers :)

• HiradHirad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's better if highlights and notes in PDF file and in ReadCube merged. In this case if you open your PDF file outside of ReadCube you access to your notes and highlights. Also, if you have a PDF file with highlights, you can access to those from ReadCube and ReadCube Pro.

• PrasadPrasad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this is going to happen guys. Readcube is not open source. The whole point is to lock you down within their proprietary software. Features like this and BibTeX export would make it easy for users to switch to other programs in future and this is exactly what they don't want. Heck I can't even download my entire library at once. That's how business works, I don't blame them.

But I don't want to get locked. Good bye Readcube.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base