It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Cross-match lists of papers with other reference managers

Staging papers over and over again when trying a new reference manager is a real pain. It would be an advantage for ReadCube to allow its users to import the groups and lists they have already created to directly have their library organised.

1,309 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Guilhem ChalanconGuilhem Chalancon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mitch BartonMitch Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this is happening? this is my biggest hurdle because I don't feel like starting over by reorganizing everything :(

• LiorLior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's appears as planned for half a year... Updates ? Time line ? Anything ?

It's appears as planned for half a year... Updates ? Time line ? Anything ?

ReadCube is a great software but it's missing crucial tools like importing organized libraries, annotations and keywords from other apps like Papers3. I'm willing to adopt ReadCube but I can't leave hours of work organizing my libraries and annotating PDFs behind. this is really a vital tool !

• Hannah WirtshafterHannah Wirtshafter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

was totally signed on readcube until I realized my library organization and categories from endnote would not transport over, and I also couldn't figure out how to transfer over paired PDFs with the citations. I really want to use readcube but it's not worth it for me until I know I'll be able to seamlessly integrate my endnote library. (If we could import backup .enl files from endnote that would solve the problem)

• spamblockertim@gmail.comspamblockertim@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Pro account with Readcube, but compatibility with other programs, whether Acrobat or GoodReader for annotating, or Mendeley, Papers, etc for citations and journal metadata is critical to fully diving in. At this point it is the paper recommendations and enhanced PDF functions that keep me around. Other programs will catch up in those areas in time. Without some changes I'm out when that happens.

Please make your app more friendly to related apps!

• Scott RobinsonScott Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am currently only testing Readcube on a project by project basis as importing my whole library will take a commitment. Considering that Readcube fails to auto complete ALL my references as they are mainly PDF books this is not worth it at this time..

• Fabiano C AraujoFabiano C Araujo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ReadCube is a great software but it's missing crucial tools like importing organized libraries, and annotations from other softwares like Endnote. I'm willing to adopt ReadCube but I can't leave hours of work organizing my libraries and annotating PDFs behind. It also needs a tool to rename and organize files (ex. PDFs) according to year, author, and title. Thanks.

• Naa-Dei NikoiNaa-Dei Nikoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I've been using Readcube for the better part of a year, I'm really loving it... but I have 1100 citations in Endnote that I'm desperate to integrate. Surely there has to be a way to import citations, given that exporting them is a breeze.

• Susanne LindbergSusanne Lindberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've done a lot of highlighting and commenting using Preview in the past, and not having access to this in Readcube really hampers my reading. I pretty much have to start over with the reading if I want to use Readcube...

• Sarah HarrisSarah Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to import already-made notes and annotations to readcube is a very important function that needs to be addressed, especially since many readcube users will be coming in with already established reference libraries. Personally I enjoy the readcube interface, however, I need to have access to all the article notes that I have already made through Goodreader.

• Christian J. PadeChristian J. Pade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any annotations and notes made to a PDF in ReadCube should be saved with that PDF and be readable and editable in any other application that can open PDF documents. Otherwise I cannot use ReadCube, because neither could I view my notes and annotations in EndNote nor can I share annotations and notes with my colleagues. It is really a pity that ReadCube has not yet implemented this very fundamental feature!

• John Hidley, MDJohn Hidley, MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highlight in both Adobe and pdfReader Pro of iPad. I use different colors and underline as well as highlight. I also use the arrow and the function that draws a line down the edge of significant text. I use stickey notes but more freqently I use the tool that places an open, resizble text box in the margin with an arrow pointing to a location in the article's text.

For me this a must-have feature. I have more than 1,000 articles that are extensively marked up and it would be impossible to switch without this feture.

A related issue is the ability to choose whether print with or without the mark up.

• Jessica ScheickJessica Scheick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the "reverse" problem right now. My notes are all trapped in readcube and I can't get them into a piece of software that also does annotations. Readcube handles movement of original files very poorly, so I'm trapped with annotated articles on my desktop that I can't sort or move the notes for.

• Zhu, Min-JieZhu, Min-Jie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“Import/export notes and highlights to/from other PDF readers” This is a very critical function and a urgent problem to be sovled.

• William BonneyWilliam Bonney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this involve being able to import a citation list from a manager like Endnote and have readcube find and enhance the pdf's?

• William HiltonWilliam Hilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded and tried ReadCube, and really liked it. But I'm not going to store all my notes and highlighting in a proprietary system with no way to export them. That's the #1 thing I'm looking for in an article management app. So for now, I'm stuck with Zotero.

• John EusebioJohn Eusebio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredible. If it had this, I would probably be my go-to reader for research documents.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base