It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Export to BibTeX

Allow to assign citation keys (preferably generated automatically using customizable string e.g. author name + year published + letter) and export bibliography in BibTeX format.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mefmef shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Lucas SchlagerLucas Schlager responded  · 

Dear BibTeX fans,

Sorry for the emails, but I’m happy to say that as it turns out, we’ve pushed BibTeX support as of a couple hours ago! Simply quit and reopen ReadCube to automatically install the update.

Enjoy,

Lucas
Community Manager

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature request aimed also at "customizable string". The citation key right now is <author>_<first word of title>_<year> and I don't see a way to change that (I don't want to remember first word of the title!). Are you planning to let the user decide on this? please...

• Thijs CrommentuijnThijs Crommentuijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is mostly an aesthetics issue, but I would love to see this fixed.

Export to a .bib bibtex file (as well as a .ris file) works very well, however, author's middle name(s) are not included in the exported file. This could be important in the reference list (e.g. authors with the same last name, same first letter of their first name but different middle name).

Right now I am manually adding an author's middle name(s) to the .bib file, so especially with large reference lists this is very laborious. I think it's an easy fix and I think it would be a great improvement.

• Robin WilsonRobin Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lucas,

Are there any updates on this? This is a deal-breaker for me at the moment.

I'd be more than happy to beta/alpha test any BibTeX integration.

Cheers,

Robin

Feedback and Knowledge Base