It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Allow me to send a link to PDF of an article to a friend

The recommendations found an article that I would like to send to a friend... it would be great if I could simply send him a link to it (pubmed or journal).

357 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nathan WatsonNathan Watson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  ReadCube SupportReadCube Support responded  · 

Through our new “sharing” tab, we’ve created several options to share articles on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn. We hope this helps this share PDFs with colleagues, friends, & peers!

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mikhail ShekhirevMikhail Shekhirev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not completely clear how sharing a link violates copyright law. Sharing a pdf file might not be appropriate, but one click email option of the publication link (e.g. in form of http://www.doi.org/bla-bla-bla), instead of copy-pasting DOI to the browser, will be extremely helpful. Many publishers, such as ACS, have this "email a colleague" option available. Even considering future collaboration features of ReadCube, email will be useful since not all of the colleagues are using ReadCube.

• Volker Wacheck, Eli Lilly Regional, Kölblgasse 8-10, 1130 Vienna, AustriaVolker Wacheck, Eli Lilly Regional, Kölblgasse 8-10, 1130 Vienna, Austria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to follow up and foster previous posts here: sharing articles by email either as weblink or as pdf has become for me the major (annoying) limitation of readcube. Twitter, facebook, etc are not adaequate. Please add this feature for Windows based PC version, as I noted it is already availabe in the IPad version. Thanks !

• SiobhanSiobhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that email sharing is essential. I would like to simply share an article with a colleage, not share to all my facebook friends, for example. Please add this feature!

• Stephanie HilzStephanie Hilz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think sharing via email is essential. Sharing through social networking tools like facebook is not helpful as most of these articles I would like to share with work colleagues, many of who don't even have these tools.

• Stephan BickelStephan Bickel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a follow up on the previous post, I just saw that after clicking the print button on readcube you can choose send pdf as email as an option. That works for me, thanks :)

• Sharon SchlesingerSharon Schlesinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that's not good enough- i want to email a specific paper to a specific person not share with the world - can't you add that?

• M. Eugenio VazquezM. Eugenio Vazquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more vote supporting the option to share (email) a pdf directly from readcube. Sharing through Facebook, twitter or google plus is totally useless to me.

• Jonathan FinleyJonathan Finley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree that it would be absolutely necessary to be able to share via email...At the moment, I have to locate the file manually and then send...a fix would move this beyond papers as my "go to" PDF manager

• David PineDavid Pine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't really do it for me. I would like to be able to select and article and either sent it email to a colleague without going through Facebook, Twitter, etc

• Dan ChristoffelDan Christoffel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

will this ever be available as a direct email feature? Honestly, the others are a bit of an annoying work around.

• Christian AppendiniChristian Appendini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a professor, I will say this is a must! Students are always in need of information and while all my papers are easily to find using READCUBE, it is impossible to find them in the folder. Being able to either send the pdf by email from readcube or send the link would be a great improvement!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base