It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Share pdf files/lists between users

This might be something like a virtual journal club where lab mates could drop particularly relevant articles into a shared folder, and perhaps even leave comments about them.

769 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gustav CederquistGustav Cederquist shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Neil TitchenerNeil Titchener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a great feature. It would really me and my colleagues to keep reinventing the wheel by starting over when we need to do a literature review in a particular area.

• J LebowitzJ Lebowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ReadCube allows you to expor references to a file which you can send via email, but this falls short of collaboration. Mendeley already allows you to share a PDF via email (you can click on a number of them at a time) and send them (with annotations) via email to a colleague (something you can't do on ReadCube yet), but there are no shared lists

Being able to share lists or collaborate on common lists is what the cloud is all about. This would be incredibly useful when you are writing a manuscript with another author or collaborating on a research project.

A feature like this would put ReadCube way ahead of the competition and increase its usefulness.

• Peter PaullPeter Paull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree. I'm enjoying ReadCube thus far yet would love to be able to share my lists with colleagues

• Emelyn EricksonEmelyn Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought that this was already a feature of ReadCube, and now that I see it isn't, I think it is a REALLY important missing feature. I need to be able to share bibliographies with colleagues.

• Naa-Dei NikoiNaa-Dei Nikoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, yes please, three bags full. I'm now working with another person on a paper and while we both use Readcube, it would make our collaboration so much easier if we could simply 'share' a folder.

• Christopher DallChristopher Dall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this feature, with the ability to distinguish authors of comments from members of the same lab/group would be extraordinarily helpful! Easy sharing would allow ideas to be spread instantly!

• Danny SaucedaDanny Sauceda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just learned of readCube. This is amazing! For some reason I assumed sharing would be a feature already within the program especially within members of the same institution. This would be helpful.

• Jithin RajJithin Raj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really nice to have shared folders with colleagues. I won't think the copyright issues will restrict readcube to do this as it limits sharing between selected contacts and there is less chance to spread file links across internet. ACS chemworx/colwiz already offers this feature.As readcube is going to introduce a cloud platform for sync feature, 'share' feature is a possible one too. This will add an additional striking feature 'collaboration' to readcube. Just imagine a situation where a guide and student can work on the same file in readcube !

• Estelle CollinEstelle Collin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be great if possible! It would be an easy way of sharing between lab members and be able to comments, highlights and share opinions on articles!

• Mathieu GinesteMathieu Gineste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree on this point.

In my opinion, the main lacks of ReadCube are including community/collaborative tools for reviewing, rating and sharing articles.

Papers Livfe is an (not very successful to my experience...) attempt towards this.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base