It would be cool if ReadCube could...

Allow users to create nested sublists

More like a folder tree than a tagging system because some users have distinct projects and subcategories within those projects.

1,398 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
George XuGeorge Xu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anne LudwigAnne Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree with Egon Heuson.
    I am trying to organize my library, however it is difficult with only 3 levels of subfolders :(

• m wm w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having nesting is great, but it would be great if you could have more than three levels of nesting!

• Egon HeusonEgon Heuson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me one of the major issues is that I can't create more than 3 levels of subfolders. I hope they'll change this soon! Otherwise I'll have to stay with Zotero :)

• Sara SanchezSara Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with previous comments, collapsing lists would be REALLY useful. Otherwise, there is no point in creating subfolders. Thanks!

• Richard FosterRichard Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But it would still be extremely useful to be able to collapse lists, particularly as the library expands.
    Thanks!

• Daniel WeinerDaniel Weiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it's nice that you can nest a folder under another folder, but I had a whole system of subfolders that were imported as the same level, and now I have to re-nest them in ReadCube. I think when importing, the sub folders need to automatically be nested...

• vaibhav bhatiavaibhav bhatia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very very very important that I could collapse the Sublist. Also it will be great if every Publication displays, in what Lists and sublist it is linked to. I can do that in my iPhone, I wish the same could be done in Desktop version also.

• Alessandro RosaAlessandro Rosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that you let us nest sublists, you also need to let us collapse the nestings. Otherwise all we end up with are indented lists. I want to see a hierarchy where I could have say a top level of Cell, Nature, PNAS, Science, then drill down into different subtopics without the distraction of seeing every single subtopic of every single list that I have created. ReadCube is supposed to be a tool to get a handle on the massive amounts of data that researchers have to deal with, but it almost ends up being easier to organize files manually through the computers OS.

The user interface still needs a lot of work and polishing.

• Naa-Dei NikoiNaa-Dei Nikoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just noticed that you've implemented this on the latest update. Thanks -- it's lovely. Since this *is* a wish list, I'm noticing that the nested folder structure doesn't seem to sync up, just the folders and papers they contain. Could that be improved? Thanks.

• Benjamin BoyerinasBenjamin Boyerinas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really essential functionality. At the very least, it would be useful to have the ability to group lists, much like making app folders on an iPhone.

• HaneuiHaneui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of the comments above. Tree/tag system and showing the tags in the article information screen so we know whether it has been added to the desired list, and also being able to assign tags right on the info screen would be great. (Rather than having to drag and drop)

• Mohammad Hossain MohammadiMohammad Hossain Mohammadi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create a hierarchical list under the ReadCube Library will greatly help us in quickly finding relevant articles. The inherent nature of most recent research work relies on multidisciplinary approaches toward reaching a project's goal. I would like to organize my research articles in ReadCube similar to create multiple folders and sub-folders within the OS environment. Dear ReadCube developers, please update the current version to include the nested list option. Thank you.

• Ralph SmallbergRalph Smallberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote to escalate the development of nested lists! Really essential for long-term viability and extensive use of readcuble.

• Sofie ThijsSofie Thijs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this feature on the short-term, not long-term, this is essential for a library! Readcube is great, but without sublists you lose track.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base