Feature Requests

Have a great idea for a new feature we should include in the next version of ReadCube? Let us know here, on our Feature Request public forum.

If you see your idea listed here already, be sure to check the comments—we may have posted information or an update about the feature you desire!

It would be cool if ReadCube could...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find PDF on deepdyve.com

For those without an academic affiliation, deepdyve is a reasonable alternative to access articles. Even with no membership you can preview 5 minutes for free.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be available on the Microsoft store (metro style app)

It would be really great if readcube was available as a metro style app. Or at least if the web app was fully tactile compatible and synchronises with all our computers.
    Cheers

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. speak!!

I use iannotate on my iPAD, it has speak function which reads the pdf te xt, it would bw awsome if READcube could acctualy READ the pdf for you!! or any text u select

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. suggestion of add a new function in Mac OS

thx for making the readcube compatible with retina display and it looks cooler than before.
    this time I'd like to suggest that in Mac OS there is a convenient function that almost all website and PDFs could be searched by dictionaries in OS, but readcube is not compatible for this function yet. I think you can save us a long period of time if you can add this function to the app.

sincerely

Hu

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Organize figure citations

When putting paper figures in powerpoint slides and documents, it would be really handy if readcube could manage those citations, like endnote does for text citations. That way, the figure and the source were tied together.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reset reliance on institute proxy each time program is opened.

I work both from home and from work. At home the proxy works fine, and at work I can simply access articles on my institute's network. The problem arises when switching between environments without shutting down my laptop (i.e. putting it to sleep). Without a hard reboot, readcube tries to either use the proxy or not depending on where the computer was originally booted up. So if I start working at work, put the computer to sleep and go home, and then try to access articles, the proxy fails. Coversely, if I start working at home, the proxy works fine,…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. attach pdf file in your computer with your title in readcube library.

i can't attach my pdf file in computer to the title in readcube library,

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. not make me re-enter my name, billing address every time

What would be even better is if you could add to a cart like Science Direct (Elsevier) and not have to make each purchase individually. Very time consuming if you are getting 5-10 articles, and extremely aggravating if you are getting more. Can't believe Wiley finally updated their system after 5+ years, and it still can't do this. In fact now it's worse since it does not even save your name and address. (I am logged in, I checked.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. integrate with OmniFocus

It would help keeping tracks of important articles to read if you could mark and clip articles from ReadCube into OmniFocus. Preferably the created action should link back to the relevant article in ReadCube.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Match a bunch of selected documents

Although, the documents that are imported into ReadCube are matched instantly but some times this feature fails for some reason. The recent future of matching the unmatched documents when the system idle is good. But, it would be really nice if you can match a bunch of selected documents instead of selecting a single document for matching.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. export to Notability (app) when the iOS version for iPads comes up

it would be useful if pdf files on Readcube could be exported to Notability or Evernote when the iOS version is released. Or even if the current desktop version could export to Evernote desktop version

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. for the paper review panel on the right, be able to adjust the size of the sections i.e.could shorten the abstract so I can see my notes

for the paper review panel on the right, be able to adjust the size of the sections i.e.so I could shorten the abstract so I can always see my notes without having to open the pdf

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow for longer list name.

Most of my list name don't fit in the left panel. I would be nice if they fit by having a larger left panel or making the panel resizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. keep inline citations in the spot where they were created.

I find my inline citations tend to move as I create more. They get mixed up, making it difficult to find where in the article they are refering to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. not prevent the auto-hidden taskbar from reappearing when you mouse over it

when using windows 7 with the taskbar auto-hide feature enabled, whenever I am using ReadCube I have to use the windows key to show the taskbar, I can't just mouse down to the bottom edge of the screen. this is pretty frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make anything entered in the comments box appear in the notes box.

When I read through an article I usually highlight the most important points and sentences I want to use a quotes later. It was make it so much easier to review articles I have alreay read by seeing what I highlighted on the main dashboard page. Its a pain to have to copy them once into the comments and again into the notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. return a user specified number of results from an unmatched article search

At present, unmatched article searches returns 20 results when >20 potential matches are found. In this case, one must refine the search and try again. However one may find it more convenient to simply return more results during the first query in order to find the relevant article.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base