Feature Requests

Have a great idea for a new feature we should include in the next version of ReadCube? Let us know here, on our Feature Request public forum.

If you see your idea listed here already, be sure to check the comments—we may have posted information or an update about the feature you desire!

It would be cool if ReadCube could...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow me to copy all of my notes at once rather than one at a time.

Right now when I want to copy my notes that summarize an article, I have to select each note separately. Sometimes there are many notes within a single article and so this takes a lot of time. Right now I can't seem to "select all" in the notes pane, which would be a helpful feature.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow manual data supplement file addition.

Data supplements are a common feature of many journal articles now a days. Currently, Readcube pulls these supplements, but rather very ineffectively. I understand that different journals have different file formats for supplements. This could be easily overcome by allowing manual addition of data supplement files to Readcube records. At the moment, I am having to go back to the browser to get all files in one place. This kind of negates the idea of using Readcube, let alone paying for Readcube Pro.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adding supplements of any file type are available in Web library (app.readcube.com) and PDF files can be added to desktop. We are working to update the desktop to support the range file types as the web in the coming months.

3. Incorporate Altmetric statistics.

It would be great if you could immediately see how many times an article has been shared, where it has been shared, and then be able to jump to those references. It's important to see where an article is shared with the general public in addition to where it's been shared scientifically (via citations, as captured in the Enhanced PDFs).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    post-production  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why i cannot manually attach my pdf files?

i have the pdf files already in my laptop.Everytime when i import the pdf files, readcute will ask me to download them from internet, but i do not have access to all the journals, which means i cannot download/attach some of the pdf files.
    why not allow manually attach the pdf files into readcube?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    post-production  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’d like to introduce you to try our new web library. Please note there are a few key features that are coming – import / search / list creation. Note that the goal is over the coming months to have full feature parity on the web app.

We’d love to hear your thoughts – please use the yellow button at the bottom left side to let us know of any things that you like, don’t like.

Steps to try it are as follows:

Click on:
    http://www.readcube.com/library.html#/library

Use your ReadCube login if you aren’t already logged in

Then a plain white “Authentication” box will appear – enter the following:
    username: betatester
    password: honeybadger

Thanks for your patience

-Alex

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base