Feature Requests

Have a great idea for a new feature we should include in the next version of ReadCube? Let us know here, on our Feature Request public forum.

If you see your idea listed here already, be sure to check the comments—we may have posted information or an update about the feature you desire!

It would be cool if ReadCube could...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More robust note-taking functionality

Make notes hyperlinked, so that by clicking note in the sidebar would automatically show that part in the text. Also - notes should be sorted by date or placement in article (by default the latter). It would be nice that by pointing a highlighted part or note, the note would pop up.

617 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Article Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Article Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort my PDFs by which ones have complete metadata (complete based on my needs)

I have lots of PDFs in my library that do not have all of the metadata that they need to have to create complete citations. It would be great if ReadCube had a spot that I could specify what metadata I need in a citation to consider that metadata to be complete (e.g. authors, full journal title, article title, journal issue, journal pages). Then ReadCube should be able to sort my PDFs by ones with complete metadata and ones without complete metadata.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support For Scanners To Import PDF's

From time to time you come across articles in paper form, but, you'd still like to maintain them in readcube for organizationa and note takingl purposes. It would be great if you would integrate support for OCR scanners like ScanSnap.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. show the abstract of in-line citation without opening a new search window

Enhanced articles show the title, author and journal information when hovering over a citation. It would be great if ReadCube could open a paper information panel on the right without leaving the paper instead of switching to the search window. I find the search window takes long to load and disrupts the work flow.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Article Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ignore headers on articles when highlighting

when the section you want to highlight crosses over two pages you end up having to include headers such as the article title and page number. Sometimes it is not even possible to highlight text spanning two pages

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. let me know which pubmed articles I've seen before / indicate which articles are new since the last time I search.

I search the same few Pubmed search terms every week, and there are hundreds of new articles. I'd love to know which ones I've seen before in search results, not just the ones I opened, added to my folders or downloaded. Alternatively, posting the date originally uploaded onto Pubmed would help.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. show dates when matching articles

When trying to match pdfs to meta-data, i get a list with the beginning of the name, but the rest gets cut off. Not matter how far I extend the window, some text remains invisible and I rarely get the date. Please reconfigure so that the entire title shows no matter how skinny the sidebar!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you Edit References and Add an Author---Automatically Jump to First Name of Added Author

When you're manually editing a reference and need to add an additional author, you're required to hit the + and then click again on the newly added space---if you're adding an additional author, wouldn't it make sense to, by default, automatically jump the cursor to the newly created blank without requiring an additional "click"?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recognise non-English letters

When I add an article has written in other languages, in my case Turkish, readcube desktop app. does not recognise the non-english characters like "ı,ç,ğ,ü,ş" at the titles of documents.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Highlight "Open Access" "Full Text Available" articles through separate markers after bibligraphy are added to the Readcube

Its not always, when we add references to Readcube, we keep note of whether full text available or not. There are hundreds of mixed journals (i.e, publishes both open access & pay wall articles) out there nowadays, whose html pages are sometimes elusive in giving information about particular article is open access or not.

Not only this, sometimes, we add referecnes through readcube bookmarklet in hurry, when we are in leasure while working on readcube, it would be quite good, if readcube itself hightlights whether full text is available or not, instead of Readcube user opening every article in web…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base